Friday, April 16, 2010

Thinking of a New Title



The picture has nothing to do with this story other than its a great picture of what you may think is a great seat when looking at the ticket until you find your seat at Fenway Park in Boston. I have been thinking of changing my blog title from Bac's Sports Talk to Slacker Sports. No I'm not changing it so I can call it Formerly Known as Bac's Sports talk like Prince who I don't even recognize as a recording artist because he weirds me out. I think the title is fitting mostly because I am like most people who blog, I have a real job, this is just for fun. So I only do stories when I have the time due to family, job, and other stuff that goes on. So If I have time to announce right when Notre Dame hires a football coach or Iowa hires a basketball coach I do the story. But their are times when a story is big news and if I don't have time to due a subject on it, I just let it go. Like Tiger Woods at the Masters, for one you are at the wrong place if you think Golf is getting covered, I try not to be the 9am Storytime speaker at the local library. But anyways I am not going to shove a subject down your throat that ESPN, FOX, and every other news source has done already. Slacker sports would be fitting just because someone who would follow this for all sports news and then turn on Sportscenter would think whoever is in charge of this blog is a slacker, so that is why I think it would be a great change. But in all changes in life, their needs to be a vote. Sometimes in society, money dominates things like Sec Taylor Stadium in Des Moines is known as Principal Park now. It was a money issue, people didn't get to vote, Principal offered the Iowa Cubs a great amount of Money to have their name on the stadium, and that helped the Iowa Cubs make improvements to the stadium. If someone wants to offer me money, I will change it to whatever you want me to, but that's not happening, so we will vote on it instead. I want opinions so it doesn't turn out like Wrigley Field becoming AIG Field and nobody having a say. Please have a say by posting a comment.
And P.S. Slacker Sports wouldn't mean that Curling and Fishing would be the main topics.

3 comments:

  1. I like it. SLACKER SPORTS it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think since dennis won the ncaa tourny he should get to pick your blog name for 3 months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like the name too. Just a lil FYI, your post come to my email so I never got on here to read them and comment, but I do read them.

    ReplyDelete